Ways to Get Involved
You're encouraged to participate at whatever level works for you and your family - your commitment is completely flexible. We invite you to explore your options below. For more information and to receive Graduate Parent Network emails, please contact Special Events Coordinator Liam Kirwan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ignatian spirituality is at the center of life at Loyola Academy. Here are some resources that we've made available online:
- PrayLA - Loyola Academy is the first Jesuit high school in the country to have a web site and a mobile app dedicated to prayer. Within this new resource you can read daily scripture and reflections and submit prayer requests. Apps are free and are available for both iOS and Android platforms.
- Homilies & Reflections - experience videos and podcasts of presentations and homilies given by Loyola Academy President Rev. Patrick E. McGrath, SJ.
- Loyola Parent Retreat: The LA Parent Retreat is a relaxed time to enter more deeply into the spirituality of St. Ignatius Loyola. This distinctive, Catholic spirituality fuels our mission at Loyola and it offers practical tools to deepen our own prayer and ongoing discernment. All are welcome for this casual time together and no previous retreat experience is required. This retreat is held annually in March. For more information, please contact Mr. Bill Brandstrader '88 at email@example.com or 847.920.2680.
Loyola Academy provides many ways by which grad parents can stay connected with one another and meet new Loyola Academy parents through our various social activities:
- President's Dinner - join us for our annual President's Dinner as we bring the Loyola community together for an evening of faith and friendship. Our President's Dinner is held annually in November.
- Ramble Rouser - join current parents for a casual party in the East Gym to kick-off the Ramble. This fun event is always held in January.
- Ramble - our annual auction, held on the first Saturday of May, is one of the largest private school fundraisers in the country. All proceeds support the 600+ students who receive financial aid at Loyola Academy.
- LA Football Tailgates - visit the Alumni tent at Loyola Academy home football games and see some old friends and administrators while cheering on the Ramblers!
Loyola Academy provides learning opportunities for people at all times of their lives. These opportunities include:
- Women of Wisdom (WOW) - established in 2001, the Women of Wisdom Society was formed to bring women in the school community together to share in the pursuit of knowledge and the joy of learning. Each fall, distinguished educators, innovators and professionals visit Loyola Academy to present thought-provoking lectures followed by lively discussions that often continue through lunch. It’s a wonderful opportunity to catch up with old friends—and make new ones.
Philanthropy & Service Opportunities
Loyola Academy provides many ways by which grad parents can continue to share their time, talents and resources with our community:
- Event Sponsorship Opportunities: Consider attending or sponsoring President's Week, held annually in November, or the Ramble, our annual auction held on the first Saturday of May. The Ramble is one of the largest private school fundraisers in the country. All proceeds support the 600+ students who receive financial aid at Loyola Academy.
- Annual Giving Program: Your generous support truly makes a difference in the lives of our students and families and helps us to fulfill our mission of forming women and men for others.
- Special Event Volunteers: Contact Assistant Director of Special Events Meghan Huffman Brennan '07 at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about opportunities to share your time and talents with Loyola Academy.