Why join a high school dance team?
Although it may be a difficult decision to leave your studio team, there are many benefits from being a part of your high school dance team, especially at Loyola Academy.
If you become a member of the Ramblerettes:
- You will become a part of the Loyola community right away, and will have a sense of belonging not only to the dance team, but to the school. Being on the Ramblerettes assures that you will take great pride in your school, and you can share your strengths in dance while supporting and representing Loyola Academy.
- You will perform and entertain all year long at elite competitions, football and basketball halftimes, school pep rallies, parades, and summer camp.
- You will learn time management, team work, how to set goals and work towards them. You will develop self-assurance, self-discipline, and self-respect.
- You will learn commitment, patience, and respect for your teammates. You will make life-long friendships with people that have the same thing in common with you - they love to dance.
- You will have the opportunity to work with coaches, choreographers, and dance teachers who can push you to deepen your appreciation of dance and your own abilities to perform. Exposure to new styles of dance, technique, and teachers will help you become a well-rounded dancer. You will be exposed to styles of dance and technique that you won’t get at your studio.
- You will receive professional dance instruction including ballet, technique, National level jazz and pom choreography. Both our jazz and pom choreographers work with us on a regular basis to provide instruction and feedback.
- You will be able to enhance your resume and college applications. Many colleges and universities grant scholarships to dance team members. The Ramblerettes will prepare you with dance experience that will prepare you for any college dance team or dance major.
- On the Varsity Ramblerette team, you will get a chance to dance among some of the best high school dancers in the country at the National Dance Team Competition (NDTC) in Orlando. NDTC, the most prestigious high school dance competition in the country, provides you with exposure to college opportunities. College recruiters go to NDTC. College recruiters recognize the name Loyola Academy Ramblerettes.
“My daughter has bonded with her Ramblerette team like nothing I could have ever have imagined! I truly believe she will look back on this experience as the highlight of her high school career. The hard work, close friendships, and success she has enjoyed being a Ramblerette is invaluable and irreplaceable!”
“Being part of the Ramblerettes has been extremely rewarding for my daughter. It has helped to her grow emotionally and has provided her with confidence is so many areas. Being part of a team is like being a part of a community, everyone rallying together to bring out the best in everyone.”
“Being on a HS dance team has given me 23 new sisters. The support and kindness they have all shown has given me confidence and helped me develop a sense of humor. Joining my high school dance team has made me grow so much both in my dancing and emotionally.”
If you love to dance, then you have much to contribute, and we hope that you choose to try out with the Ramblerettes!