The LA Way is a two-year long orientation program, which seeks to introduce students to Loyola Academy, Jesuit spirituality and help students develop their leadership. The goals of the LA Way are:
- To be intentional about caring for freshman.
- To provide Jesuit leadership training and learning experiences for freshmen.
- To provide freshmen students with a variety of trusted adults and upper-class mentors; to give upper class students a hands-on leadership role.
- To intentionally break common barriers and stereotypes that exist amongst students as they enter Loyola.
- To unify and align Loyola programming.
- To build unity and create an increasingly welcoming school culture.
The LA Way seeks to build community and to form leaders in the Jesuit, Catholic tradition.